How to use the site
From the homepage, you can search by:
- Case Studies
Either start your search by a specific word i.e. “windows” or use the drop down to search by category. This will show results using your search criteria, which can be filtered either by the most recent product/company added to the site, or in alphabetical order.
Choose the product you’re interested in to discover:
- Download any available brochures
- Share this product via your email and social channels
- Bookmark this product for later (this will require signing in or registering)
Visit a company page to discover:
- Contact details – or directly contact the company through available web form
- Their product offering (upgraded companies only)
- Case studies (upgraded companies only)
View a case study to discover:
- Products used within the project
- Detailed images
WHY NOT REGISTER?
Benefits of registering include:
- Bookmarking your favourite products, case studies and companies so that you can easily return to them
- Weekly newsletters updating you on new companies and products added to the website
How to add your listings
Please note you need to sign in or register to add your listing
You are able to add your company for free. The prices for upgraded listings are:
- Company listing – £750 + VAT
- 5 x products – £250 + VAT
- Unlimited products – £500 + VAT
To start adding your listing, from the homepage, click on the “Add Listing & Products”
First, you’ll have to create a company listing – please note, although it looks like you can add products before you set up a company listing, you won’t be able to save your changes. So please make sure you’ve added and paid for a full company listing first.
To set up a company listing
For a free listing you will get a profile with:
- Company name
- Address details and map
- Email address
We recommend you immediately purchase a full company listing at this point to be shown first in searches and get additional benefits including:
- Cover image
- Gallery images
- Social networks
- Trade Names
Tips: please make sure to include a working email address as this is where you’ll receive enquiries from Building Product Search. Please add https:// before your website URL. Please choose as many categories that are relevant for your company’s services.
At this point you can preview, edit and then submit your listing. Your company profile is now live! Please check the map, categories and address is correct and we recommend sending yourself a test enquiry to check the email goes to the correct email address.
Any changes can be made by visiting “My listings” and clicking “Edit”.
To upgrade to a full company listing
Please visit “My listings” and click “Switch plan”
If you have done this, please now click on “Buy package” under the Full Company Listing section.
Please note: If you don’t see “Current plan: Basic Company Listing” at the top of the page, please follow the link under the Basic Company listing to ensure you’re updating the correct company.
Once you’ve clicked “Buy package” please have your card details ready.
Once payment has been taken, please click on “My listings” and click “Edit” under the profile. You will now be able to add:
- Tagline – a short line to describe what your company does
- Description – 250 words about your company, this can be formatted using the buttons above the text box
- Logo – please add as a square image, minimum of 300 pixels wide
- Cover image – please add as a horizontal image, 1200 pixels wide
- Gallery images – up to 4 images
- Social networks – please choose the platform and the URL of your profile, you may add as many as you require
- Brochure – please note the name of the file will show as the name of the brochure so we recommend renaming it to what you’d like customers to see it called before uploading
Press save and your profile is now live on Building Product Search!
To add products
Please click on the Add Listing & Products
You will then need to choose your package – whether you’d like to add 5 products or for an additional £250 add unlimited products.
For your product listing you can add:
- Product description – 250 words about your product, this can be formatted using the buttons above the text box
- Product name and product range (if required)
- Tagline – a short line to describe what your product does
- Cover image
- 4 Gallery images
- Brochure / Press releases / Catalogue / Technical data sheet – please note the name of the file will show as the name of the brochure so we recommend renaming it to what you’d like customers to see it called before uploading
Before pressing submit you will need to select the company that this product relates to. Please note: If you haven’t yet purchased a full company listing, you will need to do this first before adding products.
Your product is now live! And will be showing linked to your company profile and your
To continue adding products please click on the “Add Listing & Products” button. To manage your current listings please go to “My listings”.
If you have any questions about your profile please contact email@example.com